Our unique aluminium foil has been proven to perform in a diverse range of applications.
Manufactured from 0.05mm aluminium and weighing less than 100g/m2, our innovative foil has all the benefits of traditional expanded metal mesh in a light and cost-effective form.
Our foil can be folded, wrapped or compressed. Folded into layers, it has successfully been adopted as a highly effective filtration media – and by being compressed into uniquely shaped foil bricks, it can be used within an array of highly specialised filter cartridges.
Our foil products can be used in the production of filter panels and have applications across air filtration and liquid filtration.
The Expanded Metal Company has also developed an explosion suppression safety foil, which is commonly used within fuel storage tanks. Extensive testing by the MOD has proven that storage tanks filled with both fuel and our foil are able to withstand bullet and shrapnel penetration as well as direct combustion without actually exploding. With a minimum liquid displacement of only 0.95% of volume filled, foil has negligible impact on capacity.
- Prevents volatile liquids and gases from exploding
- Increases crash resistance of tanks and containers
- Reduces sloshing movement of liquid cargo
- Excellent acoustic attenuation and filtration properties
- Can be installed in high temperature environments
- Extremely lightweight at just 100g/m2
- Cost effective at just 0.05mm thick
- Minimum liquid displacement of only 0.95%
- Can be compressed to an almost unlimited variety of shapes and sizes
- No waste during manufacture and completely recyclable
If you’d like to know more about our foil products contact our team today on +44 (0)1429 867 388 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can't find what you are looking for?
We don’t just sell products, we have a complete pattern, product and application development team. If you can’t find a product that fits your requirements we are more than happy to work with you to develop custom products towards your exact requirements and application.